Competitive Edges through Perfect Transport Infrastructure
Connected | The transport of chemical raw materials and processed substances and elements is highly demanding in terms of safety, equipment, capacity and the promptness of its availability. Therefore, chemical logistics requires a perfectly developed transport infrastructure as well as transition points with complementary and needs-oriented services.
In this context, providing a safe, efficient and environmentally friendly transport takes centre stage; so-called combined transport is of utmost importance.
The capital region boasts a modern and elaborate network for all modes of transport, be it on the road, on rails, on water or in the air.
Therefore, the six chemistry locations in Brandenburg have sustainable and safe transport solutions and transition opportunities at their disposal. Thanks to their position in the centre of Europe and because of the three corridors of the trans-European transport network (TEN) that run through their territory, the region actively facilitates the access to global markets.
- Potential analysis “Electrification of the Rail Link Cottbus Horka Görlitz”
- Survey on the potential for creating purchasing networks of plastics companies
- Representation of interest of Brandenburg’s plastics and chemistry industry in the framework of the regional development plan
- Support during the implementation of the German-French pilot project “Creating an Innovative Loading Terminal at the Freight Transport Centre Schönefelder Kreuz”
- Series of informational and networking events “Logistics Optimisation within the Cluster Plastics and Chemistry through the Use of Combined Air, Water and Rail Transport Networks in Brandenburg"